Good Sunday! With how this week has been (Sorry, things on this blog took a back seat), I’m getting the rest of the football stuff up before the big game.
Football/Sports Update (Tuesday/Friday):
Applebee’s Football Picks:
Each week during the season the Applebee’s where I am from has a weekly $10 gift certificate for everyone who picks 5 winning teams of that week. They can pick any team they choose, though all 5 of their picks have to win to win the certificate. This week is different – with Thanksgiving games, we have a special section of picks this week.
My record for last week was 4 and 4, winning 1 and losing 2 on Thanksgiving before winning 3 and losing 2 on Sunday. My season record is 0 and 13, with an overall record this season of 35 and 28 in 63 games.
This Week’s Picks:
- New Orlean Saints over the Detroit Lions
- Green Bay Packers over the Houston Texans
- Philadelphia Eagles over the Cincinnati Bengals
- Denver Broncos over the Jacksonville Jaguars
- Washington Redskins over the Arizona Cardinals
Favorite Teams picks:
Unless there’s good reason, I rarely choose my favorite teams in any of these contests – I don’t want to throw bad karma their way by picking them. (Yes, as silly as it sounds, sometimes I believe in luck!) My favorites are the Chicago Bears, a team I grew up with and enjoy watching/cussing out, and the Green Bay Packers, another team I enjoy watching and have current local ties to. (I am also an odd duck, since these are rival teams, and their fans like to razz me for it. When they play each other, Bears over the Packers.)
To be fair, I also pay attention to the other NFC East teams, in particular the Minnesota Vikings (a rival to both of my teams, though a favorite of many of my friends – #3 in ranks of who I want to win) and the Detroit Lions (with no friend ties, this team could go 0-16 like they did a few years back and it wouldn’t bother me much – I just don’t want them to beat my teams.)
My record this week is 0 and 1 thanks to the Thursday night game so far.
My picks this week are:
- my picks for the Green Bay Packers and the Detroit Lions are above.
- Minnesota Vikings lost to the Dallas Cowboys
- Chicago Bears over the San Fransisco 49ers: won’t lie – this is a non-statistical-based pick. Rather than go with the stats and try to guess from there, I’m picking on Morals: While I support Kaepernick’s stance towards not standing for the flag, I feel a lot of the other things he is doing is damaging his protest. Knocking the chip of his shoulder probably won’t help much this season with their record, but losing to a third-string quarterback might. (I hate when a good cause gets ruined by an overblown ego – he’s not wrong, but he’s setting himself up to be in a terrible way.)
- Tuesdays are usually results, while Fridays are usually picks.
I’ll try to return to normal this week. Have a great weekend!